A message to all followers of The Golden Boy

If you are local to Colorado Springs, and we’re friends….in real life….this is for you:

I’ve thought long and hard about this, and I’ve made a decision that I want to post here. Please read this and decide for yourselves.

Everyone knows the problems I have with Steve Scott.  And many of you have made the decision to not get involved and remain friends with both of us.  I’ve accepted that, for a long time.

But I've decided to throw scum under the bus and support the good people.  

So this post will serve notice of my feelings.

1. If you have continued to play poker at his house, you need to know that he isn’t as good as you think.  When he deals, he cheats.  Period.  Have you ever noticed his wife sits to his left in seat 2?  Pay attention to when he reaches over with his right hand and tickles her.  That’s when he’s cutting the cards with his left hand.  I guarantee you he’s already peeked at the deck, marked it with his thumb…and dealt the burn card before he tickled her.  He distracts with the tickle, and you never see it coming.  The next card is a winner for him or her.  Fold. Believe me or not, but it’s your money, not mine.  I know for a fact he does it, and he’ll never come after me for saying it, because he knows I have it on video on my cell phone.  And let’s be honest, you know he does it too.  Nobody wins every time he's dealing, but can't win for shit when he's not.  There's a reason.  Come on...you knew it already.  Everyone I tell about is says "I knew it, but just couldn't prove it".  

2. Another thing he does is set the deck on break.  NEVER play the first hand back from break against him.  You cannot win.  You’ll look down at Aces, he’ll shove…of course you’ll call.  He’ll have 9-5….just bluffing and got caught, he’ll say.  Then the flop.  9-9-5.  That’s not a fake example.  I watched it happen.   He was mad at me the night that Thanh openly verbally abused my wife all while Steve just watched. Christa and I had had enough and when I confronted Thahn about it, Steve started screaming at Christa and me when all he had to do was tell Thahn to knock it off. But his true colors showed through that night. He didn't care about what Thahn was saying or how it made her feel because often he would say the same things to her when nobody else was around.  He's a horrid human being in private. Back to poker... The first hand after break I was all mad and ready to leave, and forgot this rule.  I shoved AA, called by K-Q.  Flop K-Q-Q.  He wanted me gone, and got his wish.

3. Count his and her chips before and after breaks when there’s a chip up.  He always has 10,000 or more extra when you return from break. Also, take note of his wife's chip stack too. Somehow it magically grows on break as well. Maybe he found a magic pill for that too?!

4. He never buys in, and never pays for a rebuy or add on.  Neither does she.  EVER. Plus he gets every chip advantage that's given.  Did you know the dealer gets his add on free?  I always thought this was fine.  But Steve took the add on as the host too.  And guess what?  He takes both when he deals and hosts.  Why? Because he's "such a great guy that opens his garage/poker room to all of his friends". In reality, he wants you to believe that he's putting himself, his home and his family out for your benefit. The truth is if you’ve played a tourney at his house in the last many years, you’ve played against a guy that cheats without risking a dime. He will also "take care" of the buy in for his wife and make her feel like she's in debt to him. He's not doing anything for her except allowing one of the rebuys to cover her buy in and any subsequent rebuys. So, she should thank the ghetto crowd for their investment in her play. Worst investment ever because the ghetto crowd never sees their return.  And that tip jar.  Oh my god.  He more than doubles any cost associated with that refrigerator.  You guys are far too generous in that, but it's hard to toss a buck in for a soda when he's announcing every break "don't forget the tip jar!!!" and watching as you put your money in it.  And wait for it......he's also now demanding a "house tip" after every tourney even though his wife magically cashes every time. 

So, in short, if you want to continue to be his friend, and play at his house, and worship him for hosting....well, I'll digress for a second... Ever notice how he takes over every game?  He has to control not only the players, but ensure he deals.  Every game he plays eventually takes me off their list, because he doesn’t want me there with my cell phone video. And if the host refuses to take me off the list….he just stops playing there.  And inviting them to his games.  And won’t send out the text inviting others.  So, they give in and take me off the list. He believes he's the end-all-be-all for the Colorado Springs poker community. That's why he acts like he's God. While stealing your money and shaking your hand, he's measuring up your wife. Let's figure out other options for continuing to play poker without all of this garbage. They are out there and don't include someone stealing your money and, if you have something else to offer him, trying to steal your wife. 


As for his job, I begged one of my oldest friends on earth to hire him a couple of years ago.  Why?  Because I thought Christa and I were divorcing and I didn't want her living, and Carter being raised, in a house where the man wasn't able to properly provide.  Where the man was simply unwilling to properly provide.   I didn't want them depending on over raking, cheating, and downright lying to generate untaxed income to provide a hit or miss on a daily basis lifestyle.  So I put my reputation on the line and got him his job.  I regret it every day.  But I put Christa and Carter over my disgust of him.

Speaking of over raking...think about this.  Steve hosts a cash game, $2/$5 blinds.  Why did he move up from $1/$2?  Because max rake is $5 at a $50 pot, and $1/$2 doesn't always get to $50 every hand, but $2/$5 does.  So he's raking about $100 an hour right out of the pot.  The game runs from 7PM until 5AM.  That's $1000 raked. How much did you buy in for?  $500?  It all went to the host.  Wait, did you tip the dealers?  Normally about half the rake, so $50 an hour. That's another $500 out of the pot.  Of which Steve tries to tax the dealers for 20% of that!!!  Another $100.  So for no effort...Steve pockets $1100.  The food and drink?  You paid for that in the tip jar.  Two tables?  Double everything.  Do you get $2200 a week at your job?  He gets it in one or two nights of hosting.  And you are all paying for it.  Oh, and if he's dealing, well you can kindly just burn that buy in before you give it to him.  Same result.  Because when he deals the cash game...and plays....you can't win.  Put another $800-$1000 in his pocket.

Get the picture?  He's not your friend.  He's a thief.  A liar.  A con artist.  


So with all of that, I’ll just say this:


I’m just going public about what I KNOW.  He won’t sue me.  He won’t come after me.  Because he knows I know the truth and he won't ever face a confrontation with a man; he would rather exert his physical and emotional control over a woman.  And now you know the truth.  And if you decide he’s more important than all of that, then I truly don’t want to be your friend.  I want positivity in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cash Games and Rake in Colorado Springs

Motorcycles and Road Pizza

Merry Christmas to Me....and You Too!